Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Here is a Christmas recipe for you. Enjoy.

ENGLISH PUDDING

Cook on low 3 hours day before and 1 hour day served:

3 c fine bread crumbs
¾ c milk
½ c melted butter
1 c walnuts (break)
1 c sugar
1 c seedless raisins
2 eggs well beaten
¼ tsp. allspice
¼ tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix and steam in double boiler for 4 hours.

Hard Sauce for English Pudding:

½ c soft butter
2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. lemon juice

Cream butter. Add sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add flavoring. Mold in cylendar. Freeze. Cut a piece of hard sauce and put on English pudding. Serve with hot caramel sauce.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yummy!!! I wish I was there with you guys!! Merry Christmas!! I love you!!

Shauna said...

I am hungry now! Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! Thank you for always leaving me sweet comments they mean a lot to me!

I Love You Lots! (((HUGS)))

Edna said...

Mmmmm this sounds very good! I used to make carrot pudding like this

Nadine said...

We were fortunate enough to be there to try this! It was AMAZING!! Thanks for the recipe and thanks for the great Christmas Dinner!