Sunday, July 12, 2009

A NEW LOOK FOR THE HANCEY HOUSE


Here is our house with it's new coat of paint. It's not quite finished and only the front is painted to this point. As you can see, there's still paper up to the windows.


Ever since we built the house I wanted to add these additional boards. It's only taken 18 years now to get them on the house. The color change was a whim from a website I was looking at where I saw a building in Solvang painted something like this. The one I liked had the red basic color with blue boards and small white boards next to the blue ones. We were discouraged from the blue color so we went with the boards white and the house red. I think it turned out pretty cool. Notice the picture with the small blue boards next to the white ones. It certainly is not like any other house on the block...or in Ivins anymore. I really like it. What do you think?

2 comments:

annisa said...

It looks great! I really do love it! I'm a big fan of red! Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Wow!!! Is this the house I grew up in??? It looks killer! I was skeptical when I heard about it but I really actually love it. Good job guys. Make sure it gets finished ;)