Friday, March 13, 2009

GETTING READY FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR DINNER







ITS THE YEAR OF THE OX!

Dennis is chopping, chopping, chopping, stirring and cooking up a storm. The rice is cooked ready to be made into fried rice tomorrow. Lyons Heads meat is marinating, spring rolls are wrapped and mighty tasty. Ron and Helen came tonight along with Kevin and Nadine and helped wrap the spring rolls and paper wrapped chicken. Helen, Nadine and I set the tables. It all looks great! No I am tired. It's 11:20 pm and I'm going to bed. I'm excited for the dinner tomorrow night. We have 50 people coming...if they all show up. Dennis is a fabulous cook and the dinner will be great! I'm excited.

There is also a picture of the Chinese plates that are set on the tables.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

How exciting! Sounds fun and YUMMY! Enjoy! ♥ Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed to have come down with the stomach flu right now. Poor Lynn is starting in on it today, too. I don't think we've missed very many of your dinners over the last 40 or so years. You are so generous to everyone to throw such a party!

Jenny said...

Wish I could have come down. Hope you had a great time!!