Thursday, May 15, 2008

ON BEING A GRANDMOTHER

I love being a grandmother. I have the most wonderful grandchildren ever. Each one of my grandchildren are beautiful, wonderful individuals, each with their own unique personalities. Tonight I went to a violin concert of my granddaughter Cassidy. She is in the 6th grade and this is her second year playing the violin. She played about 10 songs in the violin orchestra with about 30 members. She was awsome.

My grandkids are the light of my life. I love you all so very much. I love spending time with them, anytime, anywhere, and in any way. One of my fondest memories is last spring when I was able to go to my daughter Sarah's and spend a couple of weeks several times during the spring. I was between jobs, and it was so wonderful just relaxing and not worrying about work. I had so much fun with Sammie and little Felicity. It makes me smile just thinking back on the time we had together. Sarah is a wonderful daughter. She is very good to me. I love her very much.

I feel so fortunate and blessed to have my wonderful five children.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well, If I remember right you have another daughter and grandkids you visited then also.

Edna said...

I am with you on loving the grandchildren! It's the dessert we get for raising five kids of our own! It was fun raising those ten kids with you and Dennis!